Sales Development Representative
Location: Hybrid – Burlington, MA
Come Hack With Us!
Join us on our mission of protecting organizations against the most advanced attackers in the world!
Pentera is the newly-minted Unicorn and category leader for Automated Security Validation, allowing every organization to test with ease the integrity of all cybersecurity layers, unfolding true, current security exposures at any moment, at any scale. As a result, thousands of security professionals and service providers worldwide use our platform to guide remediation and close security gaps before they are exploited.
We are more than 260 employees around the globe, with over 600 customers in production in more than 45 countries!
Pentera has won various Industry Awards, including “The Frost and Sullivan Value Leadership Award- 2019” and the “2020 Gartner Cool Vendor Award”. We are backed by Top tier investors such as Insight Partners, K1 Investment Management, and The Blackstone Group & AWZ.
Penterians are one team with a shared mission. Become a Penterian – change the way the world does cyber!
About the role:
Do you have the ability to stand out and differentiate yourself from the rest of the pack? If you’ve got a sales hunger and desire to learn, succeed, and attack your territory, then let’s talk!
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is a critical function of the Pentera sales team and is responsible for generating leads and building new customer pipeline for a specific region. The SDR will initiate contact with top target accounts, follow-up on marketing generated leads and move prospects through the discovery phases. At Pentera, we believe in promoting from within and our BDRs will have a clear growth path for transitioning into closing roles.
A successful SDR is a self-starter, has excellent telephone/communication skills, is well organized, able to multi-task, and comfortable contacting and speaking with Security Exports and Decision Makers over the phone.
- Generate new customer introduction calls for the field sales team by means of proactive outbound prospecting via phone, email and social networking
- Master and deliver the Pentera value proposition and differentiation points
- Accurately log, track, and maintain records in Salesforce.com
- Establish, develop and grow new business relationships with influential contacts
- Focus on understanding an organization’s business drivers, challenges, pain points
- Work closely with the inside and field sales team in the ongoing optimization of strategic sales approaches and to effectively devise territory plans
- Follow a clear and defined Qualification Process
- Ability to work in a hybrid environment out of our Burlington, MA office
- 1+ years of sales related experience – outbound-focused sales or other customer-oriented background (support, customer service)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience in Cyber Security software – Major advantage
- Knowledge of SDR sales tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, ZoomInfo, SalesNavigator, 6sense and other sales enablement tools
- Experience generating your own leads
- Exceptional written communication, phone, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and strong time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing start-up environment
- Drive to succeed and a proven ability to be resilient and overcome challenges
- Energy, Hustle, Persistence and Grit
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds to join us!