Pentera Redefines Cybersecurity Validation Market with Industry-First Unified Testing Platform for Both Internal and External Threats
Market Leader’s New Platform Autonomously Validates any IT Attack Surface and Provides Enterprises with the Fastest Path to Cybersecurity Readiness
Boston & Tel Aviv, Israel, January 24, 2021 — Pentera, the leader in automated security validation, unveiled its next-generation security validation platform today. The Company ends the era of disparate security testing systems by launching a unified security validation platform that combines External Attack Surface Management (EASM), Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) and automated penetration testing.
Recently elevated to unicorn status, Pentera autonomously emulates the entire cyberattack kill chain, from external-facing assets all the way to the core of the enterprise, thus revealing the most risk-bearing security gaps. The platform frequently tests organizations’ entire attack surface to identify exploitable vulnerabilities and delivers an actionable strategy to solidify their security posture.
Until now, security practitioners have been building their cyber resilience strategies using assumptions about their network’s known vulnerabilities. Pentera offers security professionals an ever-growing array of attack emulation tactics and techniques, including ransomware, across their cloud, hybrid and on-premise IT infrastructure. With this approach, enterprises replace assumptions with certainty to prioritize their security gaps and take surgical remediation steps ahead of a potential adversary.
“Pentera offers security practitioners a safe-by-design, research-backed, automated platform to validate their security program and defend against advanced threats,” said Ran Tamir, Chief Product Officer, Pentera. “With our recent funding round, we reaffirmed our commitment to delivering product innovation and these are just the latest enhancements we plan to introduce to the market.”
Capabilities and functionality of the Pentera platform include:
- Autonomous and Continuous Operation – The platform allows any IT professional to run penetration tests with minimal setup. The Autonomous Attack Orchestrator identifies the most attractive IT assets and decides on the next-best-attack-step without manual intervention.
- Total Attack Surface Discovery – Pentera maps enterprises’ entire internal and external attack surface, including Shadow IT and Web Applications. The platform’s continuous process assures security leaders that their organization’s attack surface is always accounted for and protected.
- Emulating Attacker Behavior – Pentera includes a broad and ever-growing array of attack techniques aligned to the MITRE ATT&CK matrix and OWASP Top 10 practices to help security practitioners validate the effectiveness of their security stack against real-life threats.
- Surgical remediation guidance – Pentera optimizes the resources of security professionals by focusing on high-risk exposures first, guided by remediation workflows and fix validation practices.
- Agentless architecture – Pentera requires no installation or modification to endpoints or the enterprise network.
- Safe-by-design – The platform abides by a strict safety policy to assure undisrupted operation of any IT environment or service.
To learn more about Pentera’s automated security validation platform, join our webinar on January 26 at 10 am EDT here.
Pentera is the category leader for Automated Security Validation, allowing every organization to test with ease the integrity of all cybersecurity layers, unfolding true, current security exposures at any moment, at any scale. Thousands of security professionals and service providers around the world use Pentera to guide remediation and close security gaps before they are exploited. For more info, visit: pentera.io.
Despite major investments in their security suites, organizations continue to be breached. Our Co-founder and CTO, Arik Liberzon, recently sat down with CyberNews to discuss the value of the adversarial perspective and where his inspiration from Pentera came from. Starting out, I arrived at the idea for Pentera and Automated Security Validation in a pretty...
In this post, we will examine one method of encrypting data-at-rest, specifically how to achieve Data-at-Rest Encryption for MongoDB Community Edition (CE) containers through eCryptfs. Introduction Our goal at Pentera was to implement a solution that prevents data discovery upon theft when the system is offline (e.g. if a host is stolen or someone is...
After CentOS 8 was declared end-of-life (EOL), we had to find an alternative operating system (OS) for our on-premise solution, as did many other teams and organizations. Although our deployment is container-based, we still had to prepare the groundwork for different OS areas, from security patches and network modifications to installing required packages. We had...